Long-billed Curlew at Virgin Creek

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2010
      Fri Apr 9, 2010--Early this afternoon I found a LONG-BILLED CURLEW at Virgin Creek. It was with about 13 WHIMBRELS and 1 MARBLED GODWIT. There was also a flock of SANDERLINGS and 2 WESTERN SANDPIPERS. There were lots of LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS at both Lake Cleone and Pudding Creek. I will post a couple of pictures of the CURLEW later. One will answer the question of how A CURLEW takes a drink of water. It's not easy.

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River