wilson's warblers and more

  • ylleknitsua
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2010
      4/6 Lake Mendo. Wilson's Warblers, Pileated Woodpeckers, Bewick's Wrens
      also at Burris Lane, PV 2 immature Golden Eagles
      4/4 Backyard Redwood Valley Bullock's Oriole male, and a female Allen's or Rufous Hummingbird
      4/7 Backyard RV Hooded Oriole male, also 2 Band-tailed Pigeons sitting in the feeder
      Monday at Bu Shay campground where the road turns to the horse trail and down the hill, very loud little Wilson's Warblers were seen and heard amongst all the regulars. We also found a pair of Bewick's Wrens bringing nesting materials into a tree hollow along the small trail that meets the road and at campground 125 on the telephone pole Eric showed me a large hole made by Pileated Woodpeckers where he has been watching their activity.