Buff-breasted Sandpiper

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 22, 2002
      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 -- At 9:00 this morning Toby found a BUFF-BREASTED
      SANDPIPER at Glass Beach in Fort Bragg. It was north of the main beach in
      some fresh kelp.
      Yesterday there was also an early female CANVASBACK at Caspar Pond
      and a LESSER YELLOWLEGS at the Caspar Creek estuary.
    • chaniot@pacific.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 23, 2002
        Fri, 23 Aug 2002 -- The BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER reported yesterday from
        Glass Beach in Fort Bragg was still there this morning.
      • K A Havlena
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 28, 2013
          Wed, 28 Sep 2013 -- Dorothy Tobkin found a BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER this morning, but it flew south with several Semipalmated Sandpipers.  She first saw the bird in dry sand at the north end of Ward Avenue, Cleone, with about 20 peeps and plovers.  Then, the small group mentioned above, flew south.  I will check Virgin Creek beach this afternoon and will post again if it can be found.

          For Dorothy "Toby" Tobkin

          (K Havlena)
          North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca

        • stevestump
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 3, 2013
            09/03/13 1025 am   There is a Buff-breasted Sandpiper at the Ukiah Wastewater Treatment Plant in the middle pond. Steve Stump
          • stevestump
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 3, 2013
               Buff-breasted Sandpiper at the Ukiah Wastewater Treatment Plant   Photo at http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevestump/9664122487/     Steve Stump

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 28, 2014
                        On 9/26 and 9/27 Doug Forsell has seen a Buff-breasted Sandpiper on
                        Manchester Beach near Stonesboro Road hike over the dunes (N about 100
                        yards on Fri and on Sat S about 200 yards) in the upper beach wrack
                        area. Hanging out with Snowy Plovers so please be careful of disturbance.
                        Diane Hichwa

                        Email: dhichwa@...

                        Telephone: 707-785-1922 (Sea Ranch)
                        707-483-3130 (cell)