Long-tailed Duck & Sora - Fort Bragg Vicinity

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2010
      Tue, 30 March 2010 -- The female LONG-TAILED DUCK is still on the
      west side of Ten Mile R. bridge.  There were storms all around when I
      went to look for the LTDU.  I cajoled an approaching hail storm to stay
      back until I saw Ms Duck, and I safely made it into the garage at home!

      While in Fort Bragg, I quickly walked down the Skunk RR tracks and
      played a tape of SORA.  Jerry White had heard one last Saturday.
      I'm not sure where he had it, but it answered the call fairly close to the
      Rose Mem'l cemetery.  That is such a nice, quiet spot, as long as the train
      isn't rattling by.  Jerry thoroughly checked for the YELLOW-BELLIED
      SAPSUCKER and had NO luck.  I believe that Richard Hubacek is the
      last person to see it on 4 March.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg (MEN), CA