Long-tailed Duck - Ten Mile River MEN

  • K A Havlena
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2010
      Thu, 25 March 2010 -- Becky Bowen saw a female LONG-TAILED DUCK
      on the west side of Ten Mile R. and asked me to look at it.  This morning,
      Fri, 3/26, I went down to the bridge, and yes there was the LTDU.  Becky
      saw it fly in with a Surf Scoter, but she was alone this morning.

      Construction makes for difficult parking.  It is best to park on the north
      side of the bridge and walk out on the pedestrian walkway.  Look west
      to the bend in the river.  You will need a spotting scope.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA