Croffot/Talmage birds

  • Bob Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2010
      20 March 2010 - Saturday - At the Crofoot Ranch along Hwy 101 north of Hopland there were 3 Greater White Fronted Geese, 5 Cackling Geese (Aleutians), and 1 female Hooded Merganser. At the Talmage Beckstoffer Pond there was 1 Greater White-fronted Goose. At the Gielow Lane Pond, south of Talmage along Old River Road, there were 2 female Hooded Mergansers, 4 Common Mergansers, 4 Bufflehead, 4 Ring-necked Ducks. At Oak Manor neighborhood, there were still at least 3 Black-crowned Night-Herons in the redwood roost trees on Yosemite/Washo. I sure there were more there but I hesitate to stop and gawk with binocs since it is in an urban subdivision.
      Good Birding. Bob Keiffer