Hooded Mergansers in Potter Valley

  • Matt Brady
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10 4:55 PM
      Hello birders. I made a quick stop by the pond just north of the cemetery along West Road in Potter Valley. I was pleased to see 23 HOODED MERGANSERS (6 males and 17 females), as well as single pairs of CANADA GOOSE, RING-NECKED DUCK, MALLARD and AMERICAN WIGEON, as well as three pairs of BUFFLEHEADS. This is the same pond that hosted two male Eurasian Wigeons earlier this year. Good birding,

      Matt Brady
      Potter Vallet