3/6 UWTP Swamp Sparrow

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2010
      Greetings Mendobirders- This morning at 845 I saw a SWAMP SPARROW at the
      Ukiah Wastewater Treatment Plant. The bird was in the thick vegetation
      along the cyclone fence which borders the south levee from the (former)
      pear orchard to the south. The bird was half way down the levee, easterly,
      towards the Russian River. It was in the company of Lincoln's and Song
      Sparrows. Other birds of local interest out there were 2 GREATER
      WHITE-FRONTED GEESE and at least 3 CLIFF SWALLOWS, the first I have seen
      this spring.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482