Yellow-bellied Sapsucker

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 4 6:12 PM
      Thu Mar 4, 2010---I was able to hang around the Rose Memorial Cemetary (Fort Bragg) this morning for about an hour. Easily found the YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER in the Banksia(sp.) Trees as previously reported. Also found a male RUFUS HUMMINGBIRD and an EURASIAN COLLARED DOVE gathering nesting material. The Eurasian Collared Dove is listed as not observed nesting in Mendocino. It's almost certain that they do. Let's find a nesting pair and fill in that box in the checklist. Bob let us know if that's been done.

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River
    • jackwbooth
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 4 7:13 PM
        They nest in the fan palm on Cromwell Drive (off Eastside Calpella Road) just north of Ukiah. It is really obvious they nest all over Ukiah and Redwood Valley. Jack Booth