..Hummingbirds?

  • jarlyus
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2010
      I have not seen any hummingbirds here in southeastern Potter Valley for weeks and I haven't filled my feeders in even longer.
      Anyone else noticing this? Any ideas as to why?
      Jim Armstrong
    • Becky Stenberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2010
        >>I have not seen any hummingbirds here in southeastern Potter Valley for weeks >>and I haven't filled my feeders in even longer.
        >>Anyone else noticing this? Any ideas as to why?
        >>Jim Armstrong

        I'm noticing the same thing here, at least they're not using the
        feeders. I am seeing some taking advantage of the cotton I hung out
        in the garden last year and never removed. I even put out more. Up
        on the ridges, the manzanita is blooming like gangbusters, maybe
        they're there. Things are different this year... I have a growing
        flock of Purple Finches, and already 3 Band-tailed Pigeons.

        Becky Stenberg
        GlenBlair