Birding Help

  • Jesse L
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2010
      I am the Camp Director at Wente Scout Reservation located in Willits. One of the badges we offer is Bird Study. One of the requirements for the badge is Do ONE of the following:

      Go on a field trip with a local club or with others who are knowledgeable about birds in your area.
      -Keep a list or fill out a checklist of all the birds your group observed during the field trip.
      -Tell your counselor which birds your group saw and why some species were common and some were present in small numbers.
      -Tell your counselor what makes the area you visited good for finding birds.

      If there are any birders out there who would be able to come up during the week to take a group of 8-12 Boy Scouts out on a bird hike around camp we would love to have you. We do have a number of staff who are knowledgable about birds but it would be nice for the Scouts to have more interaction with people outside of our staff. We get a new group of Scouts each week. They arrive on Sunday and leave on Saturday. The Bird Study Class runs from Monday to Thursday. Our camp operates from June 26 to August 14.

      If you would be interested in coming up please contact me at jesse@....