Bald Eagle

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 11, 2010
      Thurs. 11 Feb. 2010. There was an adult Bald Eagle that came to feed on a deer carcass in Willits today. It made it's appearance about 1:20pm along with a mob of Ravins and 8-12 T.Vs. The carcass was fresh this AM so I would expect them to be hangin around for the next couple of days. One can likely catch a look 2-300yrds north of (across a flooded field) from the "Skate Park" on East Commercial St. approx. 1 mile east of Hwy-101, past the movie theater and the Public Library. the immediate location of the dead deer is on private City owned property but one can park in the parking lot at the new Ball Fields near the skate park and walk north through the gate along the Rail Road tracks (Roots of Motive Power). There were also 9 Cinnamon Teal, several Bufflehead, Ring-Necked Ducks, Wood Ducks and two Hooded Merganser Males in the flooded field between the skate park and the tree line the Eagle came to rest in.
      Bruce G. L-ville/Dos Rios
    • kimballtoni
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2011
        June 1, 2011, 2pm
        Albion River Inn. One bald eagle, east side of Hwy 1, headed south.
      • Janet Heppler
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 9, 2014
          Yesterday I spotted an Adult Bald Eagle on Hwy 162 mile post 9.85 approx. 9:30am along the Eel River, This is near the 8 mile bridge where outlet creek joins the Eel . There are fish at the bridge right now. On the return trip back to Covelo, I spotted an adult Bald Eagle at mile post 12.40, on Hwy 162 at approx. 3:30 pm.
          Janet Heppler
          Covelo
        • Arthur Morley
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 12, 2014
            There was an adult Bald Eagle at Lake Cleone today at about 12:00.

            Art Morley
          • Kitty & Creek Norris
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 12, 2014
              Saw a bald eagle at Blue Lakes today. May have been two, but we were driving on 20 and concentrated on the one flying ahead of the car. Lovely!
              Kitty & Creek