Yellow-breasted Sapsucker continues in Fort Bragg

  • David Jensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7 11:19 AM
      Sunday, 7 February 2009.
      The YBSA was found again at 10:40 this morning at Rose Memorial Park in Fort Bragg. Chuck and Barbara Vaughn, Geoff Heinecken, Cheryl Watson and I saw the bird in the Banksia tree where John Luther had seen it yesterday. As you enter the cemetery, go to the central drive that leads to the cemetery office. You will come to a pair of Banksias on the right with many fresh wells that are tended by a Red-breasted Sapsucker. Look east down a connecting drive to the first Banksia on the right (south) of that road, which is located directly behind a sign that states "Non Endowment Care."

      I watched the Bullock's Oriole feeding on the Banksia flowers yesterday, but did not see it this morning.

      Dave Jensen