Yellow-bellied Sapsucker Fort Bragg

  • John Luther
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2010
      Today, Feb 6, the adult male Yellow-bellied Sapsucker continued in Fort
      Bragg at the Rose Memorial Park at the east end of Spruce St as reported by
      others. A nice Mendo bird for me. I heard and then saw it at about 11AM.
      It was first in the Banksia tree just behind the Non Endowment Care sign,
      then flew to the Banksia tree just north of there and then flew north into
      the eucalyptus grove. I later returned with Tobi and we saw a Red-breasted
      Sapsucker, but did not refind the YB Sapsucker.

      At Virgin Creek up stream from the haul road bridge Tobi and I saw a
      Burrowing Owl at the left edge of all the dead wood. Tobi had seen one
      earlier at another spot so there are at two in the area.

      John Luther
      Oakland