Snow Mt. late July

  • vishnu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2002
      There was a bit of birding that occurred on a recent (7/22-23) Sanhedrin
      chapter Calif. Native Plant Society (CNPS) fieldtrip to Snow Mt.
      Hiking into the red fir forest area at an altitude of approx. 5800 ft. about
      an hour's walk from the Summit Springs trailhead we observed Orange-
      crowned, Hermit, Nashville, Yellow-rumped and Black-throated Gray warblers
      - at times many species in one tree. There were also Fox sparrows, Cassin's
      vireos, Western wood pewees, Olive-sided flycatchers, White-headed
      woodpecker and Red-breasted sapsucker.
      Vishnu
      PS - It was interesting to note that EVEN SLOWER than hiking botanists are
      the hybrid Botanbirders who stop to look at everything. We were ALWAYS last
      to arrive.