[Mendobirds} Clear Lake CBC Results

  • dhecomovich
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2009
      Hello Birders ~

      The preliminary count for the Clear Lake CBC is 131 species with an additional 3 Count Week species at this point.The total number is somewhat disappointing in that it is down some from the totals we've been experiencing lately. We had 153 on our 2007 count and 146 on last year's count. The highlight birds were Glacous Gull, Williamson's Sapsucker and Lawrence's Goldfinch. The most disappointing misses were Least Sandpiper, Pygmy Nuthatch and Orange-crowned Warbler.

      We were pleased to have a total number of 51 participants which is up from the previous 10-year's average of 30 participants. Participants UP;
      Species DOWN.Figure that one out!!

      Darlene Hecomovich
      Count Compiler