Ukiah CBC - count week begins

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2009
      Wednesday - 16 December 2009 - This is for all of you who are interested in
      or will be participating in the Ukiah Christmas Bird Count this upcoming
      Saturday. As of TODAY we are entering the official "Count Week" period
      (three days prior to the Count Day and three days after the Count Day) So,
      any species seen within the count circle, starting today through next
      Tuesday can be counted. So, keep a list of the more "hard to find" species
      that you see starting today in case we miss them on the Count Day this
      Saturday.

      Your information can be shared at the Count Day compilation dinner on
      Saturday evening, or by letting Cheryl Watson or me know.

      Examples of birds that can possibly be missed on Count Day depending upon
      luck and weather are: Mountain Quail, Pileated Woodpecker, Lewis's
      Woodpecker, Prairie and Peregrine Falcons, White-throated Sparrow, Chipping
      Sparrow, etc. .

      If you are not already signed up to participate in the Ukiah CBC and are
      interested then please let me know. Good Birding. Bob Keiffer
      707-744-1424 ext 112