Lake Cleone

  • fred.andrews47
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009
      Walked around Lake Cleone 12/14/09.

      I saw a strange looking bird on the south side of the lake, on the water in the a sheltered cove. To me it resembled a common moorhen. But that makes no sense.

      Saw a river otter in water on north side of lake, near boardwalk.

      Marsh wren
      American coots
      Common Ravens
      Double-crested cormorants
      1 femle northern shoveler on west side of lake
      Pied-billed grebes
      Mallards
      Steller's Jays
      Turkey Vultures
      Yellow-rumped warblers myrtle population
      1 Eurasian collared-dove
      American robins
      Chestnut-backed chickadees
      1 female varied thrush from the dirt path on south side of lake
      6 male and 6 female Ring-necked ducks on the west side of the lake

      Fred
    • fred.andrews47
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28 4:48 PM
        On the trail around Lake Cleone, August 28, 2010, 1;35 P.M. tO 3:30, Cloudy skies, slight breeze.

        Mallards, Brewer's blackbirds, 1 osprey, 1 Great blue heron, 1 Pied-billed grebe, Barn and Violet-green swallows, 3 Turkey vultures, 3 Common ravens, 1 marsh wren (heard), Western gulls, 1 Heerman's gull among the Western gulls on the lake (1st winter, brown, pale bill), 1 song sparrow, 1 male downy woodpecker, 40+ Cedar waxwings perched at top of dead pines near pumphouse, Chestnut-backed chickadees, 1 Western scrub jay, 1 male Wilson's warbler, 1 mourning dove, possibly 4 Band-tailed pigeons, Steller's Jays, 2 Vaux's swifts, 1 male Anna's hummingbird (heard others), and 1 Double-crested cormorant flying overhead.

        Fred