Lake Mendocino TUFTED DUCK

  • Kathryn Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2009
      This morning the male TUFTED DUCK continued on Lake Mendocino. The
      scaup flock was scattered over the bay to the west of the north boat
      ramp and I had to scope through a couple of times to find my quarry.
      He was hanging out with 2 pairs of LESSER SCAUP fairly close to the
      shore. He has a quite extensive tuft, especially when he is resting
      with his head turned on his back.
      Found 1 COMMON LOON along the east shore of Clear Lake.
      Late in the afternoon, finally made it to Milton Rd. east of Napa.
      Found only 3 HORNED LARKS, no Lapland Longspur, but there were many
      birds far out in the field and it was starting to rain.

      Kathy Parker
      Los Gatos