Bald Eagle at Navarro River?

  • Rick & Jeanne Jackson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2009
      HI All,
      I just received a report from Chris Skyhawk who is from the Albion area. He and his family were out for a walk at the Navarro River Beach on Sunday 12/6. Chris wrote, "I ran into nature photographer Jon Klein who said he had a report that a Bald Eagle had been seen several times hunting in the estuary. The person who told him even had a picture of it eating a Coot on the north bank."
      It does sound like a reliable sighting. People sometimes confuse an Osprey with a Bald Eagle. But, as we all know, an Osprey does not eat Coots!
      Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay