Bald Eagle at Navarro River?

  • Tim Bray
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2009
      Greetings Mendobirders,

      I heard a rumour of a Bald Eagle at or near the mouth of the Navarro River.
      Anyone know of this?

      Tim on Middle Ridge, Albion

    • Rick & Jeanne Jackson
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2009
        HI All,
        I just received a report from Chris Skyhawk who is from the Albion area. He and his family were out for a walk at the Navarro River Beach on Sunday 12/6. Chris wrote, "I ran into nature photographer Jon Klein who said he had a report that a Bald Eagle had been seen several times hunting in the estuary. The person who told him even had a picture of it eating a Coot on the north bank."
        It does sound like a reliable sighting. People sometimes confuse an Osprey with a Bald Eagle. But, as we all know, an Osprey does not eat Coots!
        Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay