Long-tailed Duck Still at Ten Mile R.

  • K A Havlena
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2009
      Fri, 4 Dec 2009 -- Jim and I saw the female LONG-TAILED DUCK, now
      on the west side of Ten Mile bridge feeding alone this morning.  She
      can be very difficult to see, diving and staying underwater for long periods.
       This is the first time either of us has seen this bird since she was first
      noticed on 22 November by Toby Tobkin.

      Karen and Jim Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3 3:35 PM
        Sat, 3 April 2010 -- This afternoon, the female LONG-TAILED DUCK was
        still with the male Surf Scoter and Buffleheads west of the Ten Mile River
        bridge.  It is sunny with very little breeze currently, so hurry..... Tomorrow,
        we should be having winds up to 28+ mph and some rain.  Park on the north
        side of the bridge along Hwy 1, and look from the pedestrian walkway.

        Karen Havlena
        North of Fort Bragg, CA