11/18: Am. White Pelican at Lk. Mendocino

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2009
      Greetings Mendobirders- There was a single AMERICAN WHITE PELICAN at Lake
      Mendocino at 11:30 this morning. The bird was on the exposed mud on the NE
      corner of the dam just below the parking lot. It should be easy to see; it
      towers over the coots and miscreated waterfowl out there like the Pillsbury
      Doughboy. I did not see it there Sunday when I was picking through the
      gulls. Hopefully it will hang around a while.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482

      cevaughn@...