Lake County Marbled Godwit

  • vishnu
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2009
      I also saw, possibly a different, though presumably the same Marbled
      Godwit as reported earlier by Floyd Hayes. The Marbled Godwit was
      seen, while kayaking on Sunday afternoon, 11/15, at around 4 pm in
      Rodman Slough, foraging on the mudflats about 400 meters from the
      bridge on the slough side.

      No other unusual birds were seen yesterday but, in the lake itself,
      just beyond the slough, the incredible proliferation of hundreds &
      hundreds of Bonaparte's Gulls flying, swimming and foraging - both
      skimming and diving - on the now shallow, glass-smooth lake was
      stunning.

      Vishnu