Lake County

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 160 , Nov 16, 2009
      I birded with Doug Weidemann around Clear Lake yesterday. In addition to the SURF SCOTERS in Lakeport we saw one other bird of interest, a MARBLED GODWIT at the mouth (lake side) of Rodman's Slough. Amazingly it was foraging (or at least trying to forage) on a few patches of mud, none more than a foot across, jutting above the water near a small patch of reeds several hundred feet from shore. I doubt it stayed there for long.

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, CA
    • stevestump
      Message 160 of 160 , Nov 15, 2014