Swamp Sparrow

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2009
      Sun Nov 8, 2009--I was able to refind the SWAMP SPARROW at 10 Mile Bridge at 1:30 PM. I got a good look at the adult. There was a second bird that was the same size as the SWAMP SPARROW and smaller then a nearby Song Sparrow but it didn't allow a good look.

      There are 3 bridges, new, old, and a lower work bridge. You can walk out on the work bridge. I located the bird at about where the swallow nests start on the old bridge. There are horizontal iron girders under the old bridge. The SWAMP SPARROW was following these girders south towards the Red Crane when I lost it (them).

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River