Two SWAMP SPARROWs - Ten Mile R.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2009
      Sun, 8 Nov 2009 -- There are two SWAMP SPARROWs below the
      old Ten Mile R. bridge near the huge, red crane on the south side of
      the river.  One bird is an adult in basic plumage and the other is an
      immature.  Toby Tobkin found one of them, and after her call to me,
      I saw the two birds together, thus finding the 2nd bird.

      Coincidentally, Swamp Sparrow has my goal for a couple of weeks,
      and I was inland along the Ten Mile looking, when Toby found the first
      bird.  A half hour later, I saw the two birds together.

      Look directly underneath the bridge(s), just east of the large crane.
      The workers will be on the low, wooden bridge during the week, so
      go very early or late in the afternoon.

      Karen Havlena
      Ten Mile area,
      North of Fort Bragg, CA