Tropical Kingbird at Glass Beach, Fort Bragg

  • Becky
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2009
      This morning before 10 a.m. on a shorebird survey, a volunteer spotted what we believe is a Tropical Kingbird in the lone tree on the trail just east of the main beach at Glass Beach in Fort Bragg. The bird had a typical Kingbird shape, gray head and BRIGHT yellow underparts. It was in the top of the tree and flew south--so our look was brief. We talked with Karen Havlena and Toby Tobkin, and we think it was probably a Tropical Kingbird. Just a note--the tourists have left and the birds and insects are back at the beach.