lookout for Short-tailed Albatross

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2009
      Monday - 13 October 2009 - I have received a very credible report that a
      first-year Short-tailed Albatross was heading north along the coast SE of
      Point Arena just yesterday. It is probably continuing north today but it is
      difficult to say how close to shore (or maybe it has already passed). If
      you live on the coast please keep a sharp-eye along our coast. This
      species has yet to be visually documented Mendocino County waters. Good
      birding. Bob Keiffer