Pacific Golden Plover at Virgin Creek

  • Ron LeValley
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2009
      Hi all,

      I took a brief walk at Virgin Creek Beach this evening and found one Pacific
      Golden Plover on the north end of the beach. It mostly stayed up in the
      wrack line except when the Coast Guard Helicopter spooked it and then it
      went to the rocks briefly before returning to the lode of flies...

      Ron

      Ron LeValley Photography
      P.O. Box 332

      Little River CA 95456

      707/937-1742

      Mendocino Coast Photographer Guild and Gallery
      301 North Main Street
      Fort Bragg California USA 95437
      Cell: 707/496-3326
      Gallery: 707/964-4706

      <mailto:Ron@...> Ron@...

      For a free natural history Picture of the Day in your e-mail, go to
      <http://www.levalleyphoto.com/gallery/omw.php>
      http://www.levalleyphoto.com/gallery/omw.php

      For archives of past Picture of the Days, go to
      <http://www.levalleyphoto.com/gallery> www.levalleyphoto.com/gallery

    • AlbionWood
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2009
        Thursday October 8 2009 - We looked for the Oriole at Laguna Point,
        without success, but instead found a lone Pectoral Sandpiper foraging
        among the wrack on the beach in the horseshoe cove.

        Tim on Middle Ridge, Albion