Yellow Headed BB

  • Lisa Walker (Feather)
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2009
      At MacKerricher State Park, on my way out passing Lake Cleone and just north of the turn into the parking area, was a smallish flock of Brewer's Blackbirds. Perched among them, I caught sight of a flash of yellow and backed up to take a closer look. Sure enough, what appeared to be either a juvenile or an adult female Yellow-headed Blackbird was among the flock. When I stopped the engine to capture more shots (will upload my other shots later), she or he flew across the road and landed on a piece of wood bordering the rise before the beach, just north west of where she had been.

    • Lisa Walker (Feather)
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2009
        OK, the shots are added. . .maybe someone can tell me if the bird is an adult female *(there were no streaks on the sides)* or a juvenile? Am thinking and leaning towards juvenile male due to what appear to be whitish outer edges on the flights.