ustp 6/23

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2002
      Greetings Mendobirders: The Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant oxidation ponds
      continue to provide some surprisingly ducks for Mendocino County this
      summer. This morning I saw 12 Redhead on the south pond, 6m and 6f (the
      south pond is the only one with water presently). This was easily the
      largest group of Redheads I've seen in the county. Unfortunately, they
      flew as I approached throwing rocks, and disappeared N along the Russian
      River. There is still a pair of Ruddy Ducks (m,f) on the pond, and today
      there was a f Blue-winged Teal. The breeding pair of Cinnamon Teal remain,
      and the 6-7 young birds are nearly ready to fly. I heard 2 Yellow breasted
      Chats singing on the river.

      Chuck

      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive
      Ukiah, CA 95482
    • Jim Lomax
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2002
        I suppose you had a good reason for throwing rocks at the ducks.

        Jim