10/5 ORCHARD ORIOLE Lingering Near Laguna Point

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009
      Mon, 5 Oct 2009 -- The ORCHARD ORIOLE is still vacationing at
      MacKerricher SP, along the south bluff of Laguna Point.  I just got
      back from seeing her at 12:45-pm.  Pishing brought her out from
      the berry brambles twice in the span of five minutes.  She was in
      the lush, horseshoe-shaped cove just west of the pine tree growing
      at the base of the bluff.  The bird was first discovered 1 October by
      John Sterling.

      From the Laguna Point parking lot, walk out the dirt trail in the SE
      corner of the lot.  Taking the right fork is shorter to the south bluff
      trail.  Several large clumps of blackberries and wax myrtles line
      the face of the bluff.  Walking out the short, dirt spurs off the main
      trail will give you better visibility.  Afternoon searching is best for
      the OROR.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA