Re: [Mendobirds] Sandhill Crane at Ten Mile

  • Lisa Walker (Feather)
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
      After a combined effort of searching for at least an hour and a half, Rich and I came up empty-winged. There were several tracks in the dunes indicating that Canada Geese were there, Common Raven tracks, a few Killdeer and maybe California Quail tracks, and some tracks that *might* have indicated a Sandhill Crane (I really should have taken shots of them, especially after seeing the photos at the link below):

      http://dirttime.ws/Notebook/Heron.htm
      http://dirttime.ws/Photos/IM000206.jpg

      It compares herons of various species with Sandhill Crane. And I saw tracks that very closely resembled Sandhill Crane in the dunes.

      Ah, well. Another time, perhaps.
      Feather