Semipalmated Sandpiper and Hudsonian Godwit

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2009
      Wed Sep 30, 2009--"Toby" Tobkin called to say that she again found the HUDSONIAN GODWIT at Virgin Creek Beach this morning. She also saw a single (and much rarer-these days) SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER at the end of Virgin Creek.

      Richard Hubacek for "Toby"
    • John Sterling
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
        I spent most of the day walking from Ft. Bragg to McKerricher State Park
        including several walks through the entire Virgin Creek beach area, but only
        found one very gray Marbled Godwit. Could this be the godwit reported in
        the last couple of days? I have photos if anyone wants to see them for
        reference.

        John Sterling

        VVVVVVVVVV

        26 Palm Ave