Greater White-fronted Geese

  • Becky
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 28, 2009
      Yesterday, September 27, 2009 at 10:30 a.m., 75+ Greater White-fronted Geese flying south. Three more at 11 a.m. Seen from Ten Mile Beach where 24 Western Snowy Plovers observed.
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 12, 2010
        There were 14 GWFG at the Gielow Pond on River Road at 1:45 today. I did not notice them for 20 minutes because they were walking down Gielow Lane partly in the road. They did not spook for the first few cars. Finally a car spooked them and they flew away. But they returned and landed in the pond a couple of minutes later.
      • Lisa Walker (Feather)
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 15, 2013
          This afternoon around 4:30 PM, I spotted a flock of eleven Greater White-fronted Geese flying south above the Glass Beach Headlands in Fort Bragg...... photos to come

          Lisa (Feather)
        • Lisa Walker (Feather)
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 15, 2013

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 28, 2016

              27 September 2016 (Tuesday) - Around 5:00 PM we heard and then saw a flock of about two dozen Greater White-fronted Geese flying south, high up, in a loose V.  These are the first I've seen this fall, although I heard some a couple of weeks ago.

              Tim Bray

              Middle Ridge, Albion

            • featherbirdlady3
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 28, 2016
                I had four this morning at MacKerricher and in Lake Cleone.

                I heard several flying over yesterday.

                They're coming! Oh, and my friend Stephanie said she had a Brant at Virgin
                Creek two days ago.

                > 27 September 2016 (Tuesday) - Around 5:00 PM we heard and then saw
                > a flock of about two dozen Greater White-fronted Geese flying
                > south, high up, in a loose V.  These are the first I've seen this
                > fall, although I heard some a couple of weeks ago.
                > Tim Bray
                > Middle Ridge, Albion

              • Jeanne Jackson
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 3, 2016
                  Bob Keiffer posted once that these geese might be predictors of rain. And we are enjoying the rain very much here in Anchor Bay. Jeanne

                  Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:06 AM