Change of Birds - Virgin Ck & Lk Cleone - 9/25/09

  • K A Havlena
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2009
      Fri, 25 Sep 2009 -- Dorothy Tobkin called to discuss the change-over
      of birds at Virgin Creek beach today.  Instead of finding the
      Hudsonian Godwit, she saw 12 DUNLIN and 2 PECTORAL SANDPIPERS.
      I did NOT see either of those two species yesterday, when I did see
      the HUGO.
      It was much cooler on the coast today.  We still had fog coming and
      going all day long, but the temperature was definitely cooler.  I
      went to Lk Cleone late morning in hopes of hearing or seeing the
      Summer Tanager but had no luck.  I saw Matthew's Honda, but did
      NOT see him or his birding pals, either.

      Perhaps a few passerines (like R. Hubacek's PAWA) are finally on
      the way here.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA