Hunter's Lagoon American Bittern Continues

  • Richard Kuehn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2009
      Thanks to Rich Trissel and Jerry White’s discovery last Sunday, I enjoyed
      stellar views of an adult American Bittern at Hunter’s Lagoon south of
      Manchester this afternoon (4:45 – 5 PM) as it was slowly feeding completely
      in the open on the north central shore in front of the tall reeds. From
      Highway 1, I had driven west on Stoneboro, right on Bristol Road and parked
      in the cul-de-sac on Coventry Lane before walking out to scan the water.
      Pied-billed Grebes, a Great Blue Heron and a female Northern Harrier were
      also present.

      For the birds,

      Rich

      Richard Kuehn