USTP 6/16

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2002
      Greetings Mendobirders: There were some interesting ducks on the S pond at
      the USTP this morning. Among the Coots and Mallards I saw:
      1 m Blue-winged Teal
      1 m Redhead
      1 m Ring-necked Duck
      2 m and 1 f Ruddy Duck

      There was also a f Wood Duck with 12 young, and 2 pair of Cinnamon Teal
      with 1 f leading 7 young. Cinnamon Teal are increasingly rare breeders in
      Mendocino County due to loss of habitat. The only other recent nesting
      record of which I am aware was about 10 years ago in Little Lake Valley by
      Jack Booth.

      Along the river were 3 singing Yellow-breasted Chats and 2 singing
      Swainson's Thrushes.

      Chuck

      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive
      Ukiah, CA 95482
    • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2006
        Greetings Mendobirders: I birded the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant early
        this morning. There was pretty much the same array of interesting summer
        ducks that I reported on June 8: 3 RING-NECKED DUCKS (1 m, 2 f), 5 GREATER
        SCAUP 2 m, 3 f), a female COMMON GOLDENEYE, and 2 female BUFFLEAD. They
        have been joined by 2 BLACK-NECKED STILTS.

        Chuck

        Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
        Ukiah, CA 95482

        cevaughn@...