Re: [Mendobirds] Re:Lake Cleone SUMMER TANAGER

  • Lisa Walker (Feather)
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2009
      Hi, Jessica,

      The 'bee's' are actually yellow-jackets. You are correct about their habit of wandering in and out of their ground-based hive when the sun warms it. That was how I was able to find the Tanager.

      It's amazing to me how many people have come by to see him and still he remains. He is sooo beautiful and I count myself fortunate to have even seen him and witnessed the same feeding behavior you described.

      Feather