Eurasian Collared-Dove

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2009
      7 September 2009 - Tuesday - I normally do not post observations of Eurasian
      Collared-doves anymore since they became well established in the county
      several years ago but this morning as I drove down my driveway to Feliz
      Creek Road west of Hopland there was a flock of about 30 birds on our dirt
      road. To me this shows that there is still mass movement of this species
      especially during the fall of the year. There has been one pair of the
      doves all summer below our place, and a few pair around the Hopland area,
      but this large flock has appeared from nowhere is probably moving somewhere
      (north or south?) . Good birding. Bob Keiffer