Re: [Mendobirds] Summer Tanager

  • Lisa Walker (Feather)
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 27, 2009
      Sadly only one photo turned out. But he's got a bug in his beak in the shot. It's posted at the group's website

      Feather

      From: richhubie <richhubie@yahoo. com>

      Subject: [Mendobirds] Summer Tanager

      To: Mendobirds@yahoogro ups.com

      Date: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 3:42 PM

      Thu Aug 27, 2009--In all the commotion with the Hudsonian Godwits yesterday I didn't get a chance to post that the Summer Tanager (full adult) was still at Lake Cleone. I saw it at 12 noon. It was foraging further up the trail in the pines but did return to the clearing. No sign of the second Tanager reported several days ago. Also had a Peregrine Falcon pass over the west end of the lake going north.

      Richard Hubacek

      Little River

    • grebeman2
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2010
        I found an Adult Male SUMMER TANAGER at the Botanical Gardens in Ft. Bragg about 1:30 PM. today. The bird was at the west end of the Cypress windbreak,the row of trees that is along the south side of the property.
        A number of other birders have seen the bird and it has usually been found right behind the bathrooms. Jerry White