Snowy Plover wearing bands

  • Patti Brill
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2001
      At sunset on Feb 24 at the mouth of 10 Mile I saw a group of Snowy Plovers, about 14-20 in all. A few came within 15 feet of the log I was sitting on. One had two bands on its right leg: Blue on top, red under. Left leg had 3 bands: yellow or orange on top, with two red under. I left a message on Tina Fabula's machine at the Park headquarters, but I never heard back from her. This is the first banded bird I have seen out in the field.