Lake County

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 160 , May 27, 2002
      On Friday Dave and Brian Woodward saw 7 Black Swift's from Summit Springs, which is the access to the Snow Mt Wilderness on the south side of the mountain. On Saturday they watched 18 birds feeding in flight for about an hour and a half in the same general area. Dave and I went up yesterday and saw 2 birds fly by. All sightings took place between 3 and 5 PM.

      Dave and I also found a calling Gray Flycatcher about one half mile up the trail from the Summit Springs Trailhead. This is the 3rd county record. Exactly one year ago the 2nd record for the county was a bird that was found in nearly the same location.

      Jerry White

    • stevestump
      Message 160 of 160 , Nov 15, 2014

        11/15/14 0745