USTP White-faced Ibis

  • choatzin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9 12:47 PM
      Sunday August 9, 2009

      Geoff and I found a WHITE-FACED IBIS on the south pond of the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant this morning. The bird spooked easily but stayed in the plant, flying back and forth between the muddy north and south ponds. We also spotted a SEMI-PALMATED SANDPIPER on the north pond, possibly the same bird seen last Wednesday. And lots of LEAST SANDPIPERS on the sludge pond.

      Cheryl Watson
      Ukiah