8/5 USTP Semipalmated Sandpiper

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2009
      Greetings Mendobirders- I ran into Cheryl Watson and Geoff Heinecken this
      morning at the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant. We found a SEMIPALMATED
      SANDPIPER on the north pond which is presently being drained. There 50-75
      peeps between the sludge pond (primarily LEAST SANDPIPERS) and the north
      oxidation pond (primarily WESTERN SANDPIPERS). Of local interest were 9
      LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS and 3 SNOWY EGRETS on the north pond. As with last
      August, it is feast of famine with the habitat out there, and these
      conditions are unlikely to last long. All of the water is being drained
      into the very weedy south pond where visibility is a problem.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482

      cevaughn@...