Purple Martin on Eel River

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2009
      Mon, 03 Aug 2009 -- Today I was doing steelhead surveys in the Main Stem Eel
      River where Tomki Creek comes in about 2.5 mi downstream from Van Arsdale
      Dam. I saw and heard a PURPLE MARTIN coming down to the river to drink on
      the wing. It's the first time I've seen them in the upper Eel since they
      quit nesting under the Pioneer Bridge some years ago. -- George Chaniot