Ruddy Turnstone & Banded Snowies - Ten Mile

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2009
      Thur, 30 July 2009 -- One of the Ruddy Turnstones remained on Ten Mile beach
      about 3/4 mile north of Ward Ave when I did my SOS survey Thursday morning.

      By the new fenced area about 1/2 mile north of Ward Ave, I saw 6 Snowy Plovers.
      Two of them were banded.  The bands were totally different styles, which may
      indicate that those two birds were banded at separate locations.  Two additional
      SNPLs were way up the beach, north of Inglenook Creek mouth halfway to Ten
      Mile River mouth.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA