Avian Pox question

  • Feather Forestwalker
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2002
      After much research on Cornell's site as well as a few others dealing
      exclusively with Mycoplasmal conjunctivitis, AKA House Finch Eye
      Disease, I have come to the conclusion that the lesion on the House
      Finch's eye the other morning was indeed Avian Pox. House Finch Eye
      Disease hasn't yet made an appearance on the west coast, and Avian Pox
      is by far more common. I am taking the feeders down and cleaning them in
      a bleach solution and will be leaving them down for a while to give the
      birds a chance to disperse before putting them back up.

      Thanks to all who have so kindly written me privately with their helpful
      suggestions.

      Feather