not-near-shore Harlequin Duck

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2009
      13 August (approx) 2009 - Peter Pyle reported to me (with a photo) an adult
      male Harlequin Duck at the end of South Harbor Drive (off Hwy 20) near the
      Dolphin Isle Marina, This is a public campground/RV park along the Noyo
      River near Fort Bragg. This is about 1 mile from the mouth of the river.
      The duck was in the northern of the two dock channels (the one against the
      cliffs) when he saw it. So .notice that this was a few days ago. I believe
      this to be the first Mendocino County record that hasnot been directly along
      the coastal shore (or nearby in Noyo harbor). Good birding. Bob Keiffer